Building Lei

I'm going to show you a little about the construction process of Lei the protegonist of the short "Sweet Nightmares"

The initial idea is that it was a surrealist character but little by little that idea was modified. These were some of the first sketches.

I started to work the character modeled in plasticine without sulfate

At the same time I was working on the head and the body. At this point in the process I also did several tests to check the facial animation and as I decided that it was by substitution we simplified the face so that it was easier to change the features.

Finally with the help of the sculptor Pablo Vidal Lei was ready to take the mold.

The first step to make the silicone mold was to remove the arms and head (Since they would be a different material) and paint with a silicone layer model. It was first painted with silicone to avoid that there were gaps in the mold The first step to make the silicone mold was to remove the arms and head (Since they would be a different material) and paint with a silicone layer model. It was painted first with silicone to prevent gaps in the mold

The arms were made a bed of plasticine without sulphate and was surrounded with the same plasticine to remove the mold. The process is the same as that carried out with the head. As with the body we must first give a layer to ensure that all the details are recorded in the mold.

The molds of the head and hands are ready.

I made a reinforcement for the body mold. First I divided the mold into two, making a separation with mud. Then I covered the entire mold with a layer of plaster. When the plaster dried I removed the mud and put petroleum jelly all over the part that was going to touch plaster with plaster. After this I put the plaster as in the front.

When the plaster dried, I separated it with the help of a chisel without forcing it too much. And then with a cutex we open the silicone mold vertically on one side only.

To check the detail of the mold of the hands and the head I took a copy in resin.

The molds of the hands are already ready, all that remains is to press the supersculpy plasticine into it and that's it.

On the other hand the head we only used half and the mold was not practical to take the copies so I made two molds more than half of the head one of silicone and another of plaster.

Finally in the molds I put the plasticine, I demolished it and changed the expressions of the faces.

And this is the plaster test of the body mold.

Entradas destacadas
Entradas recientes
Archivo
Buscar por tags
Síguenos
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square